Find What You're Looking For

Custom Search

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Knockout Delivers A One-Two Punch

Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday. The most dreaded day of the week. Most of us hate the word because it reminds us of how much we  hate our jobs. Sacrificing a third of my day in order to make some A-hole rich while earning a mediocre salary is one of my favorite pastimes. Yeah, Woo-hoo! Sign me up! Sure, I would rather have rectal cancer but not all of us get to live our dreams. However, for those who can survive Monday's corporate ass punishment there is a reward...

The Knockout Monday Night Karaoke

What better way to bleed off some workday steam then singing Karaoke? At The Knockout this happens every Monday from 7pm to 9pm, and a special 7pm to 2am sing-along one Monday, per month. On this special evening, the awesome KJ duo of Bobby and John delivered the entertainment to a rotation that was anywhere from five to ten people all night long. The sound system is set up for bands and DJ's, so configuring the system for Karaoke is a no-brainer. In short, you will hear yourself on stage. John makes sure of that.

Paul, Scott, George, and I spent the first part of the evening taking turns singing amongst ourselves, while Claudia, Melissa, and Ed joined the party a couple hours later. Everyone had picked the right songs to compliment their wonderful voices. Scott and I harmonized to The Stones' "Wild Horses" and for the first time in my life, I realized just how amazing that song it really is. Melissa's seamless rendition of Alanis Morissette's "You Oughtta' Know" and Thea's killer "Spellbound" by Siouxsie and The Banhsees" rocked the house! These ladies Kick Ass!

For me, the best part of the evening was watching the bartender, Tracy--normally a shy gal on stage--out there giving her all with her much improved vocal chops. She certainly has come out of her shell, now we can barely keep her off the stage. Go Tracy! But where was Charlie? I'm sure he would have loved to see you up there on the stage, kicking some Karaoke ass!


To John, the owner of The Knockout, Dude, your club rules! I love singing here and will come back more often. Next time I'll bring even more friends! And let us all know when you get the Alt-80's night up and running. Can't wait to dance to some Dark Wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment